Monday, December 14, 2009

Deck the Halls


 A couple of the ornaments on the tree are handmade.  The snowflakes hanging down everywhere are from the Dollar Tree.  As a tree skirt, I took The Nester's advice--I didn't buy anything, I just used a red throw blanket. 
Here's the story behind my ornament wreath.
 


I blew out one of the candles before I realized I hadn't taken a picture of the piano!  Oops!  More about decorating the piano here.

The keys above the couch have nothing to do with Christmas, but I did make them and the globe bowl on the table beside the couch.


For the story behind my Jim Shore decorations, read this.  And I finally like the way my bookcases look.



This snowman candle holder was the first thing I ever spray painted.  I bought it in all of it's brass glory at Salvation Army.


Shane and me after a successful Christmas party!

All these pictures are from our den and kitchen dressed up for Christmas.

Linked up to The Nester's Tour of Homes and Kim's Dare to Deck the Halls and Thrifty Decor Chick's Christmas Tree Party and Hooked on Holiday House Tours and Southern Hospitality Home for the Holidays 2009.  That's it.  The end.

Thanks for coming by!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Your home is beautiful! Great job decorating! Merry Christmas!

Joyeful said...

Love the ornament wreath! Everything looks so Christmasy and delightful.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I like how you hung the ornaments from the banister. And, the tree is perfect. So plump! Everything looks great.

Thanks for joining up!

kBw said...

I love the decorations :) I hope you have a great Monday! xo, KA

Anonymous said...

Your ornaments from your banister look wonderful. Happy Holidays!

Cara said...

Your ornament wreath is cute, and like everyone else, I love the ornaments hanging from the banister. Great decorations!

Amanda said...

Hi There! I really like how you hung an ornament between every other rung of the banister... I may steal your idea next year :)

Heather said...

Your house is too cute!

Totallyscrappy said...

I love that spray painted snowman candle holder and the hanging snowflakes. Come on over when you get a chance!