Thursday, December 3, 2009

Borrowed Projects

If you haven't figured it out already, I like to steal swipe borrow flatter people by copying their ideas and designs.  I mean, that's what blogging's all about, right?  Showing off your ideas so we will ohh and ahh over them and then recreate them.  So here are three projects I'm finished with, working on, and soon will start that are copy-cats.

I made these last night.  I copied this straight from Chelesea at Room to Inspire.  I mean literally copied.  I enlarged her bird on the computer and traced it onto copy paper, took it home, cut mine out.  I did use a Digiorno box instead of Goldfish, though.  I made mine bigger than ornament size, too, with cute plaid scrapbook paper on one side and solid green on the other.


Here's a closeup of the birdies:

I may, someday, hang them up somehow other than taping ribbon to them, but it works for me for now.

Copied project #2--I'm going to work on this today.

I know everyone's seen this 1,294 times while blog-hopping, but I just can't get enough of it.  We have a Christmas banquet to go to tonight and I'd love to wear it, so I'm going to work on it at work--don't worry, my boss won't mind.  I don't have any organza, but I'm going to see how it looks with just tulle.  For the directions, go here.

Next on my list is to make some of these little reindeer guys:


I saw them at Pier 1 the other day and they're $6.95 each which isn't crazy expensive, but I want some non-votive free ones.  So I'm going to shop my yard for some sticks if it ever quits raining long enough for things to dry out.

Anyway, there's my to-do list for the next couple days.  How's your to-do craft list coming along?

2 comments:

Room to Inspire said...

Your birds turned out great! And coping is the best form of flattery right? Love them.

Chelsea

Wendy said...

Your birds look great! I like them hanging in front of the window! I love the necklace, that will be so pretty for a party! Can't wait to see how your votives turn out!