Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Another book wreath!

Yesterday while browsing through people's projects on A Soft Place to Land I came across Cottage and Vine.  And fell in love. With this:

You know I love wreaths!  And the people who linked up had great wreaths.

Anyway, I know I showed you my first attempts at book wreaths, but I've gotten MUCH better, I promise!  Check out this one:


I haven't found the perfect home for it yet but to take the picture I hung it in a big empty frame in our den.  I kinda like it there, actually.  The pages are from an old hymnal, see?


AND...there's no naked Styrofoam (I have a little problem with that appearing in my wreaths) because I covered the wreath with pages first.



I MAY give this to my brother and sister-in-law for Christmas, if I can part with it.  For Living with Lindsay's instructions to make your own book wreath, go here.  The next one I make I may try to fold the paper in different ways like she did to create a more chaotic feel. 

I am also working on a pine cone wreath, but I'm making it with little pine cones and it seems like lately all the pine trees in the backyard are only giving me big pine cones.  But don't worry, I haven't given up.  Every few days I walk around picking up two or three and in about five years I'll be done!  It usually takes me a long time to do a project simply because of procrastination but this is crazy!

Do you have a project that's taking you too long for reasons other than procrastination?

3 comments:

asnipofgoodness said...

I love your book wreath, and it looks really fun to make! I love using hymnal pages for craft projects. I just might have to try it,thanks for sharing!

Room to Inspire said...

This wreath looks great - I will have to check out Cottage and Vine!

Chelsea

Leanne said...

It turned out so pretty. I need to try this one.