Saturday, December 5, 2009

Our First {Real} Christmas Tree!

For as long as I can remember I've been begging asking politely for a real Christmas tree...and I finally got one!  We went to Lowes last night and picked out the fattest tree.  I didn't want a skinny little wimpy tree.  I wanted a chubby one!  When Shane took it up to get trimmed, the guy thought it was two trees--yes!



The top of the tree was about an inch shorter than our ceiling.   (I think this is when Shane told me to quit taking pictures and make sure the tree didn't fall over while he scooted it.)



Cutting the plastic mesh off!


We put 900 lights on this tree!  I wasn't sure how many to get but The Nester said you can't have too many lights on the tree and actually 900 on our tree is just about right...if you want to be normal.  I'm going to buy another 450 pack and light this tree up!  I need to do something with our star, too...I just love it but it doesn't light up so it doesn't show up very well.


I still need to grab something to use as a tree skirt and put up some ornaments (I think I have about 7 on it now) but overall I'm SO happy!!!  I just hope I don't forget to water it!

What kind of Christmas tree do you have?  Oh and does anyone want to join me for Favorite Things Friday next week?  I'm going to do Christmas ornaments!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Your tree looks beautiful! I am sure it smells great, too! What fun! We use to enjoy cutting down a tree at the tree farm every year, now we go with fake :)

Haave fun decorating!

Wendy said...

I am sorry...I was worried you would read my post! I do have to tell you that all 3 of those things happened in the same year about 7 or 8 years ago! It was also a very mild winter here in Pa, which I think explained alot!
I like your lights! We have them on the kids tree and love them! (sorry for 2 comments!)

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

haha...i'm actually not too afraid of bugs...snakes, yes, but bugs not too much!