Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Handmade Ornaments



Here's my tree.  It's huge.  We got the biggest one we could find.  More on that here.


I needed something for a few bald areas in the tree where there weren't any branches.  I was also working on a little garland so did what I do best--I cheated and made something work for me (as in, I ditched the garland idea).


This really requires no explanation.  Just cut circles out of scrapbook paper--mine aren't perfect, I just cut them freehand.  Make them double sided since they'll decide to spin around once you get them up.  Then I sewed (in the loosest sense of the word) it together with some white thread (you could also just put your string or thread in between the papers as you glue them together).  Write words that will help you remember what Christmas is really about.


 
This guy was NOT having a photo shoot--apparently HOPE can be very rebellious.  Had to hold him down to get a picture of all four letters.


I may make a few more and put up around the tree.  I really want to use "Believe" and "Rejoice" and "Noel".  What words would you use?

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I don't have any ideas for words but just wanted to say I love your project idea and your tree looks amazing!

Room to Inspire said...

Great way to fill in the gaps! I think they turned out better as ornaments. Depending on how large your gaps are you may need to stick to shorter words - love, Santa, merry...you get the idea!

Chelsea

Wendy said...

You tree looks beautiful! I love all the colors! What a great idea with the words!

Destination Seaborn said...

Now that's what I call a tree...it's huge! I love the words. So creative! TFS ~Lisa

Amy @ Design-Aholic said...

Cute Idea! You could make them into monogram gift tags like I did and they'd all match! How funny!

http://design-aholic.blogspot.com/2009/12/monogram-tags.html