Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Looking Ahead



Shane and I drove up to Macon last night for an evening that was part date-night, part business meeting.  Oh--you want to know the truth?  Fine.  Shane asked me to go up to Macon with him to have a business look-around and chat and he knew the only way I would be willing to do that would be to take me out to eat.  There you go.  I am shallow.  I can be bought with a meal. 

Anyway, as we were talking about the future, far and near, we realized we were talking about things that should be impossible when you own your own business.  Actually making a little money and being able to take time off.  Not having to work every minute of every day.  Enjoying time together and looking forward to starting a family.  Talking about what's coming next in life.

As some point in the eveneing, Shane looked over at me and said, "And you know, we're both 25."

"Twenty-five?" I said, "I feel like we're in our 40s, at least.  How blessed are we to be able to talk about this stuff confidently at our age?"

It's truly amazing where God has taken us on this journey of opening our own business.  What's next?

Check out Tuesdays Unwrapped at Chatting at the Sky for more stories!

No comments: