Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Home Improvement--Kitchen Makeover

I'm itching to do some home improving, especially in our den, kitchen, guest bedrooms, living room...ok, pretty much all the rooms. What I'm most excited about, though, (today, anyway) is the kitchen. I wish I could put up some pictures of our kitchen in it's current state, but I still can't find the cord to the camera to upload pictures to the computer. Anyway, Shane and I have gone over several options and are finally both happy with the idea of taking off the cabinet doors and painting the cabinets. So I'm wondering now what color to paint them.

I like the idea of doing all white like this picture (found on The Inspired Room by House Beautiful)

This could really work since we have white dishes. I'd love to get black chairs and paint our table (Shane would have a fit, since it's oak!), since our appliances are black it would be perfect!

Or do something fun like this (found this picture on a blog, but forgot where, oops!):

Even if we painted the cabinets white and added something fun to the back wall it would make an impression. This, of course, isn't in a kitchen, but isn't it a great picture?

Maybe I could even do a combination of the two and make the back of the cabinets a black and white pattern.

No comments: