Saturday, November 7, 2009

Great Finds at Kohl's

I love going to Kohl's to shop the clearance racks for clothes.  It's been a long time since I've spent more than $10 on a piece of clothing (actually, today I spent $11 on a Simply Vera Wang top, but that's because I've learned thorough buying $5 and $7 ones that I love her tops).  So I just lied.  Sorry.

Anyway, it's not too often that I wander into their home decor departments.  And I have no idea why that is.  They have THE CUTEST Christmas ornaments out that are about $4-$6 each and 50% off right now.  Not bad.  But I couldn't justify buying Chrismtas ornaments today after the other great deals I got.

This "metal wall decor" (that's what they called the section at the store) is what I've been secretly wanting at Pier 1.  I just KNEW it would look so good in my kitchen, which has a lot of greens and copper.  So when I saw this today, I wanted it.


When I saw the price sticker, I HAD TO HAVE IT.


Then I found these.  I've been wanting some candles to go in our fireplace so we could pretend to have a fire.  Our friends do that and I've been wanting to copy them!  These look like they're made out of a block of wood and so I know hope think maybe Shane will like them.  They were $4.99 each.

And I got this pumpkin for $5.99.  This picture really doesn't do it justice.  It's darker metal than it looks in the picture and has a place in the middle for a candle.  A little smaller than a basketball.  Super cute.



I'm no stranger to the clearance jewelry racks, but I was still excited to find these earrings for $2.00. They jingle a little bit when I shake my head (like I'm demonstrating now).

I look like a natural earring model, don't I, staring off into my future or something.




I picked up a couple of other things, too, but I'll show them to you later when I figure out what to do with them set it all up.

Where do you like to bargain shop?

UPDATE:  Just found this Ornament Swap and I have to join!  What better way to get into Christmas and what a great way to give to someone else!  Join up here!

1 comment:

Amy @ Design_Aholic said...

I love the clearance section in Kohl's but haven't been in months! You've inspired me. Hopefully this weekend, or is that just plain crazy? Thanks for stopping by my blog :)