Saturday, November 14, 2009

Favorite Things Friday III

Boy, Favorite Things Friday just snuck up on me this week!  Better late than never, right?

A lot of times on my blog I'll put up things I want or want to try, so I want Favorite Things Friday to focus on things in my home that I love.  If you'd like to do it, too, just let me know in the comments (even if you don't do it on Friday, that's ok.  We're not strict here...ha!)

Today I'm going to show you some ships.  I LOVE ships!  These all live in my kitchen.  I would have taken pictures of my kitchen to show you where they all were but, well, it was a little messy.

This is a painting I picked up in Chile when I was there in 2003.  I went for three weeks the summer after my freshman year of college to visit some family friends.  Found it in an antique shop and it was love at first sight.  It even came with this frame so I didn't do a thing to it.  I love the Chile flag on the back of the ship!


Here's another painting, this one I picked up in Ecuador in 2006.  I went with my Dad's church on a mission trip right after Christmas.  Bought it at the market in Quito.  Definitely want to get it framed in something I like someday.


My parents picked this one up somewhere, probably a thrift store.  It is gorgeous!  It's about a foot and a half tall.


What are some of your favorite things?

No comments: