Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas Cards

I'm starting to think about our Christmas cards for this year.  I send out a lot of Christmas cards because none of my family is in town (in fact, almost everyone is out of state and in different states)  and most of Shane's family is out of town or we just don't see them very much. 

Anyway, the past few years I've just printed out a regular 4x6 picture of us and put a caption on it.  I get Christmas cards from the Dollar Store and call it a day.  Last year I got cards here for$0.99/box. 

Here are our Christmas cards.  The image quality is pretty pitiful because I got these off of my facebook account.

Year #1--Wedding picture, easy peasy.


Year #2--This picture is from a summer trip with took with our church to England.  Not very Christmasy but that's what I liked about it.  There was a "Merry Christmas from Shane and Abbey" caption on the bottom of this picture, too.


Year #3--Last year someone took this picture of us at the faculty Christmas party at Shane's school.


Year #4--We took this Thanksgiving as we were headed out the door to eat.  My forehead isn't even shiny...a Christmas miracle!  Do you think anyone will notice that I'm wearing the same earrings as I was in last year's picture?


I think I like it better here in Sepia:


So whatcha think?  Should I add "Merry Christmas from Shane and Abbey at the bottom?  What do you do about Christmas cards?

5 comments:

Abatevintage said...

Lovely pictures I love em all.

I adore your blog.

Blessings

♫•.♫•Heidi.♫•.♫•

Wendy said...

We always do our Christmas cards through snapfish or shutterfly, but there are so many great options available. Your picture will make a beautiful card.
How lucky are you to own a book store!! My daughter, Maddie, would be in heaven. We have to tell her some times to stop reading! (never imagined that I would have to do that!)

Heather said...

We do Christmas cards, mainly because "I" want to do them :) So far, I've got the cards all good to go and we're just waiting on the picture we're taking tomorrow.

Abatevintage said...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»Thanks 4 visiting»-(¯`v´¯)-»Heidi»-(¯`v´¯)-»

Wendy said...

Thank you for the tip on the cookie party :)