Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Anniversary Eve!

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary.  Four years ago I married my amazing Shane.  I don't think either of us realized when we got married exactly how perfect we were going to be together.  I honestly can say that I don't think we could be a better match.

In honor of our anniversary, I took a picture of a picture my mom just mailed me.  Apparently she was a little slow in getting some pictures developed...


...like four and a half years slow.  This is me in September 2005 (sometime over Labor Day weekend).  It's the first time ever I tried on my wedding dress.  I think it was the third or fourth dress I tried on.

Here's a quick time line for you--this is in 2005.
May - my brother graduates from Mercer University (where I was going to college, too)
July - my dad, mom, and grandma move from Cordele (about an hour away from me) to Mount Airy, North Carolina (about 7 hours away from me)
August - Shane FINALLY proposes the week before school starts and Victor (my brother) moves from North Carolina (he moved with my parents) to Texas
September (Labor Day weekend) - I drive up to NC to see my parents for the first time since I got engaged and go wedding dress shopping with my mom (where she took pictures in secret and horded them for years)

So basically all in one summer my family all moved away.  And I got engaged.  And started my senior year of college.  And started going to church with my fiance instead of my brother.  It was a pretty crazy time in my life.

And here we are four years later with our house, our dog, three bookstores, and a crazy-good life.

Read my 6 1/2 favorite things about Shane.

No comments: