Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ecuador

I've been to Ecuador four times and the last time I was there we spent a couple nights at Hotel Real Audiencia in Quito.  It's a gorgeous hotel and when you eat in their restaurant, this is what you see:


That's the Plaza de Santo Domingo, complete with the cathedral that's over 400 years old.  The mountains bordering the city are covered in houses.  It's hard to tell in the picture, but all those little specks are houses--it's incredible!  

My parents and my brother are spending time here this summer with a team of other missionaries.  They'll be teaching classes, working with kids, and most importantly, spreading the Gospel.  Please pray for them.

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

I've been reading through your blog after you commented on mine. I lived in Ecuador for 21 years as a missionary. That's where our kids were born and raised so it's home to them. We lived in the jungle (Shell Mera) for 10 years and then in Quito for 11. It's a beautiful city. Lots of needy people though.
We were with HCJB World Radio (in the Healthcare division - my husband is in healthcare administration).

Good to "meet" you through blogging.

Lorrie