Saturday, August 21, 2010

Old Bench Love

How does The Nester do it?  First with the lamps and now with my kitchen table.  Yesterday her post about tables and chairs was so perfect for me...I've been thinking about dragging this old bench inside our house for a couple months now and just hadn't gotten around to it.


 A short history of the bench: I first remember this bench at my grandma's house right outside her door.  It was in the perfect place for setting down her groceries while she fished her keys out of her purse.  It ended up at our house a few years ago, right outside our door, in the perfect place for setting down my groceries while I fished my keys out of my purse.

When we got our new kitchen table a few months ago (after we finished our kitchen makeover), I wondered how it would look inside.  And now, thanks to The Nester, I know.


I love it!  I may eventually sand it down and paint it to look more like the table (or at least to get rid of years-old paint drips), but for now it's practically perfect just as it is!


I also love that when we're not using it (and really, we hardly ever sit at the table to eat) I can scoot the bench under the table and have extra room to move around in the kitchen. 

If you're interested, we got the table at Pier One, it is the Carmichael Table and the chairs were given to us when we got married along with a kitchen table that I loved but was too big for our space.  We bought the cushions when we bought the table at Pier One. 

Check out other tables and chairs linked up at Nesting Place.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I love it, it looks great in you kitchen-and I always thought benches were awesome to fit lots of kiddos on!

Denise said...

how sweet that your bench has meaning. those are the best pieces to have in my book.

Anonymous said...

I was able to find good info from your articles.

my web site: galaxy s4 features