1 hour ago
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
I found public-domain pictures of ferns I liked on Google images and turned them black-and-white on Picasa. Then I printed them directly onto pages of an old dictionary I had around (the Random House Unabridged dictionary, it has about 2000 pages!). The printer didn't like the paper too much and smudged the ink a little bit, but I think it kind of adds to the effect I was going for.
I'd thought about framing them in matching frames or hanging them up maybe with vintage clipboards, but I didn't have either so I went with clothespins instead. I used some removable adhesive strips from 3M hooks to hang the clothespins on the wall.
Here are the pictures of the ferns I edited if you want to try this! (Click a picture to enlarge)
Sharing with Transformation Thursday and Frugal Friday!