Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Blue

 I PAINTED IT BLUE!

Here it is in my kitchen before:


And after:
It doesn't match a thing!  I LOVE IT!!!  I was originally thinking about distressing it or doing some kind of glaze or finish, but I like the pure blue-ness of it for now.  Not sure that I like my copper things on it anymore, so I may shop my house and switch some things around.

It Rustoleum Wildflower blue (part of my arm is, too!)
Eventually I may get some knobs and replace the little pawn-looking knobs on it...but nothing urgent.  I do like these from anthropologie...it has the right shade of blue and green that would tie into the rest of my kitchen and copper...perfect!:

I suppose painting a small piece of corner furniture blue isn't everyone's idea of exciting, but it was for me.  It was my grandmother's and I didn't want to ruin in.  I also knew it would be strange to have a blue piece of furniture in my kitchen when everything else is in the green family, but I'm glad I did it.  It's a bit empowering to give something new life.

Linked to A Soft Place to Land in hopes that someone else will be inspired to try something new!

2 comments:

Julia said...

i like the idea of putting the new knobs on it, i think it would bring it further into the 21st century, and i love the copper with the blue!!

Wendy said...

It looks great blue! Awesome :)