Friday, April 30, 2010

It Ain't No Joke

 "Housekeeping ain't no joke." - Louisa May Alcott

I don't like housework--I guess that's pretty universal, huh?  Listening to a book on my MP3 player while I work makes it better--especially An Old Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott (she wrote Little Women, too).  I just discovered LibriVox, a website with public domain audiobooks.  You just download them and hope for the best.  The reader of AOFG is really good...sounds as good as an audiobook you would buy!

I'm also listening to The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein in my car, so far so good.  And I'm reading Anita Diamant's Day After Night--I don't feel like I've quite made it to the "I really love this book now" point in it, but I've just read the first few chapters so far (see her book The Red Tent peaking out above the Alcott quote in the picture?).

2 comments:

Wendy said...

This is better than sliced bread! I can't wait to share with Maddie!! Thanks a bunch :)
Wendy

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Abbey, Hi!
I just finished reading (as in out of a paper book ;) Marmee- The Mother of Little Women. It was a wonderfully sweet story about Mrs. Alcott's life and how she raised her girls in full and lean times- so inspirational- they loved God and each other so much!
Now I am listening to I Dare You by Joyce Meyer. It has inspired me a lot!
She talks about living a life with passion and purpose in God's will.
I have it in my car, it's CD form, but the MP3 idea is great!
Never thought of that!
You so smart!
Blessings to you as you make your home!