Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jewelry Holder!


One of the easiest things I've ever made.  Pretty much just followed what Centsational Girl did when she made hers.  The hardest part was waiting for everything to dry so I could start using it!  I bought a $5.00 frame at Hobby Lobby (50% off)...they have these way in the back of the frame section that don't have backs on them.  I was going to use it for something else so I Heirloom Whited it and used a glaze.


Didn't turn out like I thought it would so I decided to use it for my long-awaited jewelry holder!  My mother-in-law has a great stash of craft stuff, so she let me have a couple of plastic canvases--even if you had to buy them, I think they're super cheap.  So I basically just hot glued the plastic canvas to the back of the frame and added the hooks ($0.97 for a pack of 8).  Painted it all pink.  The end.

linked: Make if for Monday, Metamorphosis Monday

4 comments:

Wendy said...

What a fun and great idea! We might have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing and have a great Easter :)
Wendy

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Hi Abbey!
Thank you for coming by my home/blog!
This jewelry holder is such a creative idea!
My teenage daughters have jewelry everywhere, it needs to be organized.
I saved the picture to my PC (hope that's okay with you) to show them this idea!
You are very creative...
Don't be a stranger, and neither will I.
Blessings from my home to yours!

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

PS. I just read your book list- I just finished The Shack, too! :)

Allison Shops said...

Nice idea. Will come in handy.
Be sure to drop by AtticMag this week for our Giveaway!

Allison